- Yurmikmik walks are now CLOSED due to flood damage of the Gimbat road.
- Ubirr is now OPEN. The water levels at Magela Creek and the S bends are currently at 0.3m please drive with caution.
- Untill the 31st of March 2016 access into Ubirr is from 2pm untill sunset – permitted tour operators can access Ubirr from 8:30am using their wet season key
- We are currently undertaking upgrades to our amenities blocks across the park which will mean short closures in some areas.
- The South Alligator boat ramp toilets and Mamukala toilets will be closed until the 12th of February.
- Arnhem Highway infomation bay toilets are planned for closure mid-late February.
- Mary River Ranger Station toilets facilities planned for closure early March.
- Amenities blocks at Mardugal,Merl and Muirella park will be closed during March. Thank you for your patience whilst we undertake this work.
- Water facilities – Due to seasonal conditions, we recommend boiling water from campgrounds and day use areas for at least 10 minutes prior to consumption.
|Kakadu Highway||Open||There have been buffalo sightings on the highway at the southern end of the park, please drive with care.|
|Old Jim Jim Road||Closed||Road closure due to high water levels.|
|South Alligator region|
|Mamukala wet lands||Open|
|Red Lily Billabong||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|Bucket Billabong||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|Alligator Billabong||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|2 Mile Hole Billabong||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|4 Mile Hole Billabong||Closed||Due to seaonal conditions.|
|West Alligator Head||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|Bowali Visitor Centre||Open||Visitor Centre and Tourist Information Services are open from 8am to 5pm daily.|
|Bowali bike and walking track||Open|
|Malabanjbanjdju Tent area||Open|
|Malabanjbanjdju Caravan area||Closed||
|East Alligator region|
|Ubirr||Open||Until the 31st of March 2016 access into Ubirr is from 2pm until sunset- permitted tour operators can access Ubirr from 8:30am using their wet season key.
|Magela Creek (road to Ubirr)||Open
||water level currently at 0.3m and S bends at 0.3m.
|Cahills Crossing||Closed||The crossing is CLOSED due to high water levels. 23/01/2016
|Manngarre rainforest walk||Closed|
|Sandstone & river bush walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of 27/11/2015.|
|Merl Campground||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 27/01/2016|
|Nawurlandja Lookout walk||Open|
|Anbangbang Billabong walk||Closed||Walk closed for visitor safety due to high water level.|
|Gubara Pools walk||Open|
|Nanguluwur art site walk||Open|
|Muirella Park Campground||Closed|
|Sandy Billabong Campground||Closed|
|Bubba walk||Closed||The walk has been closed for visitor safety as there have been Buffalo sightings.|
|Mirrai Lookout walk||Open||.|
|Yellow Water region|
|Yellow Water Boardwalk||Closed||Seasonal closure 20/12/2015|
|Yellow Water Road||Closed|
|Yellow Water boat ramp||Closed||Fisherman can access Home billabong boat ramp.|
|Home Billabong walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of 21/12/14.|
|Home Billabong boat ramp||Open|
|Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre||Open||Hours – Open daily from 9am – 5pm
|Mardugal Campground 1 (Caravan)||Closed|
|Mardugal Campground 2 (Tent)||Open|
|Mardugal Billabong Walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 18/12/2015.|
|Jim Jim Billabong Campground||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 18/12/2015.|
|Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls region|
|Jim Jim Falls||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Twin Falls||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Garnamarr Camp Ground||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Budjmi Lookout Walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Barrk Marlam Bushwalk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 16/10/2015.
|Twin Falls Plateau Walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 16/10/2015.
|Bilkbilkmi (Graveside Gorge)||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Mary River region|
|Gunlom||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 7/12/2015.|
|Maguk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 9/12/2015.
|Yurmikmik Walks||Closed||Due to flood damage of the Gimbat road|
|Gungurul Lookout & River Walk||Open|
|Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Guratba/Gimbat Day Use Area||Closed||Seasonal closure.|
|Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes||Open||4WD only. Day use only. Crocodiles can move into the area at any time. Please call Bowali Visitor Centre on 08 8938 1120 to report any sightings.|
|Giyamungkurr (Black Jungle Springs)||Closed|