WHAT’S HAPPENING TODAY:
- Ranger Guided Acticites are now available from Monday to Saturday throughout Kakadu! Look below to find out whats happening, when and where or check out our website to download a copy of the Weekly Activities!
- Road closures within the Jabiru residential area due Kakadu Triathlon Saturday the 14th of MAY 2016 . For more information please visit the Kakadu Triathlon Facebook page
- Manngarre rainforest short walk In the East Alligator region is now OPEN.
- Due to recent rainfall the Mardugal Billabong walk is currently CLOSED the campground is still accessible.
- The 2.5km circular Anbangbang Billabong walk is currently CLOSED due to high water levels from the recent rainfall but the carpark area is still accessible.
- Jim Jim Falls – Heavy rainfall has flooded the Jim Jim Falls walking track. Once water levels recede, rangers will install crocodile traps and commence crocodile management prior to opening the site. Check out our Facebook page for photos – http://www.facebook.com/kakadunationalpark
- Due to recent heavy rainfall, Yellow Waters car park and boat ramp is currently CLOSED. Cooinda Lodge, Yellow Water Cruises and Warrdjan Aborignial Cultural Centre are all still open.
- Gunlom – The Department of Infrastructure who manage Gunlom road repairs has ceased work during the rainfall. They anticipate resuming work from Monday.
- Kakadu early dry season burning program has commenced. Every year in the early dry season, controlled burns are conducted across the park by Bininj and park staff. This helps to clean up removing dry grassses which helps generate new plant growth. Please observe all for burning warning sgins and for further information contact Bowali.
- For more detailed information, subscribe to our Kakadu Newsletter
|Kakadu Highway||Open||There have been buffalo sightings on the highway at the southern end of the park, please drive with care.|
|Old Jim Jim Road||Closed||Road closure due to high water levels.|
|South Alligator region|
|Mamukala wet lands||Open||Ranger Guided Walk: Tue 8am to 10am|
|Red Lily Billabong||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|Bucket Billabong||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|Alligator Billabong||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|2 Mile Hole Billabong||Open|
|4 Mile Hole Billabong||Closed||Due to seaonal conditions.|
|West Alligator Head||Closed||Due to seasonal conditions.|
|Bowali Visitor Centre||Open||Visitor Centre and Tourist Information Services are open from 8am to 5pm daily.
GuidedCultural Activities: Tue 9:30 to 1pm and Fri 10:30am to 1:30pm
Ranger Talk: Thur 1pm to 2pm
|Bowali bike and walking track||Open||Ranger Guided Walk: Fri 8:30 to 10am (meet are Bowali Visitor Centre)|
|Malabanjbanjdju Tent area||Open|
|Malabanjbanjdju Caravan area||Open||
|East Alligator region|
|Ubirr||Open||From 8:30am until sunset.
|Magela Creek (road to Ubirr)||Open|
|Cahills Crossing||Open||The crossing is now PASSABLE to High Clearence 4WD Vehicles ONLY pending tides below 0.5m as of 06/04/2016.
|Manngarre rainforest walk||Open|| Short walk only is now open
|Bardedjilidji walk||Open|| Sandstone walk only
|Sandstone & river bush walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of 27/11/2015.|
|Merl Campground||Open||Campground 2 is OPEN|
|Nourlangie||Open||Ranger Guided Rock Art Talks: Mon, Wed and Fri 9am to 11am.
|Nawurlandja Lookout walk||Open||Ranger Guided Walk: Mon 5pm to 6:30pm
|Anbangbang Billabong walk||Open||2.5km circular walk is closed due to high water levels from the recent rainfall but the carpark area is still accessible.
|Gubara Pools walk||Open||Day use only. Crocodiles can move into this areas at any time. Please call Bowali Visitor Centre on 08 8938 1120 to report any sightings.|
|Nanguluwur art site walk||Open||Ranger Guided Walk: Thur 8am to 10:30am
|Muirella Park Campground||Open|
|Sandy Billabong Campground||Open|
|Bubba walk||Closed||The walk has been closed for visitor safety as there have been Buffalo sightings.|
|Mirrai Lookout walk||Open||.|
|Yellow Water region|
|Yellow Water Boardwalk||Closed||Seasonal closure 20/12/2015.
|Yellow Water Road||Closed||12/05/2016 due to recent rainfall and high levels.
|Yellow Water boat ramp||Closed||12/05/2016 due to recent rainfall and high water levels, the car park and boat ramp are currently closed.
|Home Billabong walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of 21/12/14.|
|Home Billabong boat ramp||Open|
|Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre||Open||Hours – Open daily from 9am – 5pm
|Mardugal Campground 1 (Caravan)||Open||High water levels at boat ramp please be cautious when launching boats.|
|Mardugal Campground 2 (Tent)||Open|
|Mardugal Billabong Walk||Closed||Due to recent rainfall is currently closed but the campground is still accessible.|
|Jim Jim Billabong Campground||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 18/12/2015.|
|Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls region|
|Jim Jim Falls||Closed||Due to recent heavy rains, installation of crocodile traps and surveys has been delayed. Rangers will reassess the site mid-next week to install traps if possible.|
|Twin Falls||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Garnamarr Camp Ground||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Budjmi Lookout Walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Barrk Marlam Bushwalk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 16/10/2015.
|Twin Falls Plateau Walk||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 16/10/2015.
|Bilkbilkmi (Graveside Gorge)||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Mary River region|
|Gunlom||Closed||Due to recent rains, the Department of Infrastructure have temporarily ceased works on the Gunlom/Gimbat Road. We envisage work re-commencing next week.|
|Maguk||Open||4WD only Crocodiles can move into the area at any time. Please call Bowali Visitor Centre on 08 8938 1120 to report any sightings.
|Gungurul Lookout & River Walk||Open|
|Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)||Closed||Seasonal closure as of the 5/11/2015.|
|Guratba/Gimbat Day Use Area||Closed||Seasonal closure.|
|Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes||Open||4WD only. Day use only. Crocodiles can move into the area at any time. Please call Bowali Visitor Centre on 08 8938 1120 to report any sightings.|
|Giyamungkurr (Black Jungle Springs)||Closed||