- Controlled burning is in process on both the Arnhem Highway and Kakadu Highway. Please drive with care.
- Join us for ” A Taste of Kakadu” from 12th to 21st May 2017. It is an interactive food festival at least 50,000 years in the making ! We have more than 50 experiences on offer across 10 days – designed for food loving families everywhere. Bring your family to meet our family. Many events are free or by gold coin donation, so it will also suit every budget. To read the program or book a spot, go to :- https://parksaustralia.gov.au/kakadu/taste/ some of our key dining experiences are selling out fast so get in today!
- Bowali Visitor Centre: Bathrooms near An-mak An-me are undergoing renovations. Please use the bathroom facilities near the Library. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- 13th May 2017 – Kakadu Triathlon: Due to the 2017 Kakadu Triathlon various roads in Jabiru will be closed for a period of time. Residential Area: All streets in the residential area will be closed to traffic between 6:30am to 9:00am. Arnhem Highway: Corner of Jabiru Drive and Arnhem Highway to the Boundary of the Ranger Mine Lease will be closed to traffic between 6:45am to 8:00am. If you require access to Residential Roads, Carparks or the Highway between 6:30am to 9:00am, please call 0477 702 379 for assistance.
- 16th – 17th August 2017 – National Science Week Health Lab will have a Display at Bowali Visitor Centre.
- 1st – 7th October 2017 Kakadu Bird Week – Kakadu is home to more than a third of Australia’s Bird Species. Reward yourself when joining traditional owners, Parks Australia and local birding specialists to celebrate the Top End’s diverse bird life during Kakadu Bird Week.
- Having trouble planning things to do in Kakadu? Check out our web-link for suggested itineraries – https://parksaustralia.gov.au/kakadu/do/itineraries.html
|Old Jim Jim Road||CLOSED||Closed due to flooding. Road Impassable.|
|South Alligator region|
|Mamukala wetlands||CLOSED||Due to high water level.|
|Gungarre Walk||CLOSED|| Due to Maintenance.
|Red Lily Billabong||CLOSED||Closed due to flooding. Road Impassable.
|Bucket Billabong||CLOSED||Closed due to flooding. Road Impassable.|
|Alligator Billabong||CLOSED||Closed due to flooding. Road Impassable.|
|2 Mile Hole Billabong||CLOSED||Seasonal conditions.|
|4 Mile Hole Billabong||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.
|West Alligator Head||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.
|Bowali Visitor Centre||OPEN||Visitor Centre and Tourist Information Services are open from 8am to 5pm daily.|
|Bowali bike and walking track||OPEN|
|Malabanjbanjdju Tent area||CLOSED||Due to high water levels.
|Malabanjbanjdju Caravan area||CLOSED||Seasonal closure – due to high water levels.
|Burdulba Campground||CLOSED||Seasonal closure – due to high water levels.|
|East Alligator region|
|Magela Creek (road to Ubirr)||IMPASSABLE||Water over road at 0.6 metre
|Cahills Crossing||CLOSED||Water over road at 1 metre
|Manngarre rain-forest walk||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Bardedjilidji walk||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Sandstone & river bush walk||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.
|Merl Campground||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.
|Nawurlandja Lookout walk||OPEN|
|Anbangbang Billabong walk||CLOSED||Due to high water levels.|
|Gubara Pools walk||OPEN||4WD Only. Day use only. Crocodiles can move into this areas at any time. Please call Bowali Visitor Centre on 08 8938 1120 to report any sightings.|
|Nanguluwur art site walk||OPEN||4WD Only.
|Barrk bush walk
||OPEN||The 12km track is still a bit overgrown in parts, please follow track makers and stay to the walking track and adhere all signage. We recommend 4 – 6 litres of water per person and start earlier in the morning.|
|Muirella Park Campground||CLOSED||Due to high water levels.
|Sandy Billabong Campground||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Bubba walk||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Mirrai Lookout walk||OPEN||.|
|Yellow Water region|
|Yellow Water Boardwalk||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.
|Yellow Water Road||CLOSED||Closed due to high water level.
|Yellow Water boat ramp||CLOSED||Closed due to water levels rising. Yellow Water cruises are operating from Cooinda Lodge – call 89791500.
|Home Billabong walk||CLOSED|
|Home Billabong boat ramp||OPEN|
|Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre||OPEN||Opening hours are from 9am – 5pm.|
|Mardugal Campground 1 (Caravan)||CLOSED||Camping area closed due to water level.
Mardugal Boat Ramp Open.
|Mardugal Campground 2 (Tent)||OPEN||Camping fees apply
|Mardugal Billabong Walk||CLOSED|
|Jim Jim Billabong Campground||CLOSED||Seasonal closure – due to high water levels.|
|Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls region|
|Jim Jim Falls||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Twin Falls||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Garnamarr Camp Ground||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Budjmi Lookout Walk||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Barrk Marlam Bush walk
|Twin Falls Plateau Walk||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Bilkbilkmi (Graveside Gorge)||CLOSED||Seasonal closure.|
|Mary River region|
|Gunlom||CLOSED||Closed due to flooding.|
|Maguk||CLOSED||Closed due to flooding.
|Yurmikmik Walks||OPEN||4WD access only.
|Kambolgie Campground||OPEN||4WD access only.
|Gungurul Campground||OPEN||Camping fees apply.|
|Gungurul Lookout & River Walk||OPEN|
|Jarrangbarnmi (Koolpin Gorge)||CLOSED||Seasonal conditions.|
|Guratba/Gimbat Day Use Area||CLOSED|| Seasonal conditions.
|Ikoymarrwa Rock Holes||OPEN||4WD only. Day use only. Crocodiles can move into the area at any time. Please call Bowali Visitor Centre on 08 8938 1120 to report any sightings.|
|Giyamungkurr (Black Jungle Springs)||CLOSED||Seasonal closure – due to high water levels.